Friday 23 January 2015

REVIEW: Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Foundation + swatch

Rimmel are my favourite high street brand for foundations, they don't make me break out and live up to all the claims. My most recent Rimmel foundation is the Lasting Finish 25hr Foundation in Soft Beige, this foundation is full coverage but has "comfort serum" added to it to stop it feeling heavy and cakey. My skin type is normal but at the moment I'm suffering with some bad PMT related spots which need covering up and fast, so I can't comment on how it might fair for more oily or dry skin type.



When you first apply this however it does look like a mask, and having been used to a more sheer coverage this certainly took some getting used to and a whole lot of blending. But once it's absorbed in a little it looks completely natural and definitely not heavy.

Does it last the whole 25 hours? I don't know. I   see why anyone would want to wear foundation for that length of time, but it's always good to know that I could, if I wanted to.



My only slight negative point is the colour selection. I've always been True Beige across all of Rimmel foundations, but this seems a lot lighter in comparison to those. Perhaps it's because it's a fuller coverage or maybe it's just a change in the formula. Either way it's definitely worth double checking you match the shade.

Have you tried this foundation, or is there any other full coverage foundations which tick all the boxes for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment