Monday 12 January 2015

REVIEW: e.l.f eyeshadow pallet Luxe

I find e.l.f products a little hit and miss, although this a great budget set it does have a couple of problems but lets start with the good bits.



I love the selection of shades,  they create a lovely browny smokey eye which I find a lot easier to pull off day to day than blacks. It comes with four triangle shaped pans of eyeshadows including a light colour for the brow and darker shades for making things a 'lil smokey. I'm really drawn to the reddish brown, slightly scary in the pan but beautiful one.

The downsides, three of the four are super pigmented but the grey is a little wishy washy meaning you end up applying way more of the shade.  Another bum point is the wear time.  Applied over a primer they last really well but without one they tend to just blend away leaving only the shimmer behind. I would also have liked to see less shimmer on them or at least one completely matte shade to mix up the finishes a little.

Overall I do really like this pallet giving the fact it is a budget option and the reddy brown really wins it back for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment