Friday 30 January 2015

REVIEW: £1 Argan Oil Treatment

Whilst I love splurging on the little luxuries, like any girl I enjoy a good bargain. Argan oil has been having a massive moment so it's no wonder that Poundland decided to get in on the act. This little 50ml bottle costs just £1 but is it even worth that?


I have heavily chemically treated hair, it's been stripped, bleached and dyed all in the past 6 months so it's condition isn't exactly the best it could be. I've tried 100% Moroccan Argan Oil before and loved it and it really worked wonders but Poundlands efforts were no where near close.

It's a super thick oil which you apply to wet hair before drying but even through I spread it evenly through there were still thick globs of it grabbing into my hair, yuck. Even once dried my hair felt heavy and lank from the oil and more greasy looking than the shiny healthy look I was aiming for.

In my opinion this isn't even worth the pound, it did nothing that I had wanted it to but for a pound at least I'm not out of pocket. From now on I think I'll be splurging just a wee bit more on my hair care treatments!!

4 comments:

  1. Thats pretty disappointing! Since starting to use Morrocan Oil, I have wondered about the cheaper alternatives. One alternative that I love is the Avon one, I would happily use that rather than my more expensive oil and its only around £3. I think its a case of testing out to find the gems! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds so disappointing - I've been using the Natural World Macadamia Oil and I love it x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this exact type! I bought it from home bargains and i thought the exact same as you. It left my hair feeling SO greasy and weighed down, and it just wouldnt dry properly. Never again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have started using argan oil after each shower. And it really helps. Huge dissappointment that this doesn't. Argan Oil can be pretty dissapointing. xx Dandy I www.dandelionblue.co.uk

    ReplyDelete